cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wendyKay71

Adding programmes on my laptop - they don't show up on my tv?

I'm not very good with technology, however I've updated my Watchlist on my laptop yet the changes haven't reflected on my tv NOW channel. The two aren't synchronising,  can anyone help me please?

• PC
7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @wendyKay71 

Can't help with using My TV add to watchlist because I don't own a PC.

Do you have a smartphone or tablet and have you tried the NOW App from your phone or tablet Apps Store when adding NOW content to your Watchlist.

This works for me and everything I add to My TV Watchlist on my phone / tablet seems to get ported across all my NOW playback devices I own.

Though some forum members have posted that they can't get their Watchlist to be ported across to all their devices.

wendyKay71
Thanks for this, good thinking, I’ll try it on my iPhone. Thanks for your help.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @wendyKay71 

Forgot to say that for me it takes around 5 to 10 minutes for my Watchlist to get updated on all my playback devices when I add a TV show or movie.

Out of curiosity does your Continue Watching on your PC and TV mirror each other with regards to content showing ?

Where I am assuming you only have one NOW account and checked the NOW login details on both your PC and your Television NOW App are the same sign in details.

wendyKay71
Hi

No, they’re not updating , I’ve double checked it’s just the one account on the tv and in my laptop. Thank you for your time 🙂
RoyB
Legend

@wendyKay71 @schnapps 

Just added the movie Babylon to my Watchlist on Now on my Windows 10 PC. In Firefox, my usual browser, if it matters.

Checked Now on the bedroom TV, about 20 minutes later as it happens, and it was on the Watchlist just fine.

So not a universal problem, at least,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
wendyKay71
Thanks for this Royb 👍🏻
RoyB
Legend

@wendyKay71 

Just to add, I took Babylon off my Watchlist on the bedroom TV, and later checked on the laptop, and it was gone from the Watchlist there.

So the process is working OK in both directions.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.