cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Matt7
Advocate

Stop streaming on a device

Hi,

I have received a message saying I am streaming NOW on too many devices. I recently stopped streaming on an ipad and am trying to stream on a smart tv or any device with the same error message.  I have read the help section and understand that it can take 10 mins for NOW’s systems to realise that streaming has stopped on one device. I stopped streaming on the ipad about 3hrs ago. Does anyone know of a hack to speed up the process of the systems realising I am not streaming on any device. I have tried logging out of NOW on all devices, restarting all devices, restarting WiFi. Short of uninstalling and reinstalling the app on all devices is there anything else I could try?

Many thanks

1 REPLY 1
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Matt7 

When you intend to finish watching on one device you can’t just close it down. This is not classed as a clean exit, to get a clean exit you must hit back until you see the NOW homepage.

Sounds like you’ve encountered an odd bug! Jump onto live chat and hopefully staff can sort you out. Make sure to click “chat online” within the green box, don’t hit “get help quicker” as this is a bot.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help