cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Sky Sports Mobile not connecting to internet

Trying to use Sky Sports Mobile TV app (which I’ve used for 1-2 years now) over the last couple of days and I now keep getting ‘Please check your internet connection’. I’m on a high speed fibre service and internet is fine (all other streaming services are great) so it has to be the app. It’s happening on both my iPhone and iPad devices. I’ve deleted and reinstalled and no change. I’m now paying for a service I can’t use. Please advise. 

10 REPLIES 10
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I don't use either an iPhone or iPad, but the Sky Mobile Sports pass doesn't work with an iPad (only smartphones).

Where with your iPhone under normal circumstances you can watch five Sky Sports channels (Premier League, NFL, Arena, Horse Racing & News).

https://help.nowtv.com/article/sky-sports-day-month-pass 

After a fresh NowTV App reinstall from your phone Apps Store, have you tried switching the power off to the iPhone and switch the phone back on again before signing into the NowTV App.

Also i am assuming under your phone Network settings everything is correct and you are not using a VPN.

Maybe live chat will be your best bet in getting it sorted.

Do you need a link for live chat ?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Ignore the bit about using an iPad if you have a full blown NowTV Sports Pass (not Mobile pass) where i think i missed read part of your post.

It sounds to me if both devices are not working over your wifi, where there is something causing it on either your Router or devices.

Do you have any other NowTV Passes and if so do they play on your devices ?

Live chat might be your best bet.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @schnapps  - I can still stream movies and box sets from my other NowTV passes so it’s not a router or device issue - and all other streaming apps work fine.  Sports Mobile TV was perfectly ok a week ago - I was watching F1 last weekend on both devices.  It just dropped out this week. I don’t have a full sky sports pass - just sports mobile. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps - for info the mobile pass works with both iPhone and iPad. It treats the iPad as a mobile device. 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

@schnapps - for info the mobile pass works with both iPhone and iPad. It treats the iPad as a mobile device. 

@Anonymous User 

How did you manage to get the iPad working with a NowTV Mobile Sports Pass, where the mobile sports pass is only suppose to work on smartphones such has an iPhone for example ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

iPad is just a large mobile device - it takes a SIM. Unfortunately I can’t get either to work now and after deleting and reinstalling the app I can no longer link the Sky app to my NowTV account / subscription / monthly pass. Not happy!!!!!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I did notice that the Help section now says tablets won’t run the app - maybe they’ve changed things? I have been watching Sky sports through the mobile app (@£5.99/mth) on my iPad for the last couple of years so something has changed this month - I also noted they flagged an issue Re: using the sports mobile app for some users. What’s going on?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Never tried the NowTV Mobile Sports Pass or own an IPad (more old school and rather watch sports on a large Tv), but from what i am aware the NowTV Sports Pass never worked on an iPad (might be wrong) where the iPad is classed has a Tablet device and is not accessible via a Mobile Sports Pass according to the previous Help Article link that i posted yesterday.

Your best bet is to jump over to NowTV live chat for assistance & help (click the green chat online button) on this link page below.

If live chat doesn't open for you, then try a different internet browser or device.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@schnapps  For the umpteenth time I’ve been watching Sky sports mobile tv on my iPad for the last couple of years - watched last weekend’s F1 race on that. Whatever. No time to go to chat right now but thanks for the link.