cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sanmig13
Advocate

Screen freezing

Took NOWTV last weekend and when initially signed up a message came up on tv say - “there is a problem with the security certificate for this site”. It allowed me to continue and started watching Sports.

after 10minutes screen froze and it kicked me out of app on Samsung smart TV.  This has continued all week and freezes after every 5-10mins.

been told it’s due to other devices being used in house /poor WiFi (even though I am with Sky and it’s super fast fibre optic?/ latestvtoday they now say my WiFi says I am in the USA and NOWTV is not available there( I live in Scotland) ????

anyone had similar issues  

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Sanmig13 

Try one or two of the IP address checkers on the web, and see what your location appears to be.

Switch off your router for 30 minutes, and you should get a new IP address, which might be better.

Unplug your Samsung from the mains for two minutes, and then plug it back in

There has been a problem with CityFibre using a range of IP addresses that geolocation services say are in the US, but this shouldn’t be a problem with Sky.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.