cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RoyB
Legend

Now - please don’t ever start an Apple TV channel

Or you will get caught up in this complete nonsense - 3 levels of Apple Tech support being asked in escalating turn why I can’t watch my Apple-purchased Paramount+ subscription on the Apple TV app, to get to:-

https://support.paramountplus.com/s/article/PI-I-purchased-Paramount-via-my-iPhoneiPad-Can-I-use-the...

“I purchased Paramount+ via my iPhone/iPad. Can I use the same subscription on my Apple TV?

The Paramount+ app is independent of the Paramount+ Apple TV Channel, so to access either you would need a separate subscription for each.

Subscriptions for the Paramount+ app can be used on any device that the app is available on, including as a standalone app on Apple TV devices and the Paramount+ website (www.paramountplus.com), but to access content on the Paramount+ Apple TV Channel you would need to set up a new subscription for that channel specifically through the Apple TV app.

If you wish to switch from the Paramount+ app to the Apple TV channel, you should first cancel your app subscription, to ensure you are no longer charged for that and then set up a new subscription for the Paramount+ Apple TV Channel through your Apple TV app on compatible devices.”

And all because the juddering at the start of the latest episode of Yellowstone on the Roku Premiere plugged into my LG GX TV is the worst I have ever seen, and nothing I tried seemed to fix it. So I was looking for an alternative way to watch it. Hah!
Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
3 REPLIES 3
redchiz1
Champion 2

Congratulations on the most tenuous reference to NOW on the forums ever!  😁

Saint1976
Elite 3

@RoyB further off topic but have you had any issues with your Roku the last few days?

Watching Now on my Roku Premiere the bouncing logo appears after a few minutes. If I go to settings and switch off the screen saver, the Roku doesn't power down when not in use.

RoyB
Legend

@Saint1976  Only the above-mentioned judder, which does not occur with the same programme watched on my Roku Express 4K feeding into a 43” UHD LG Nano, same model year as the GX.

I plan to swap the Rokus and see if the problem moves too, but the Express is stuck to the Nano with the sticky pad they give you, which is usually not reusable 😢

But note that Rokus never power down anyway, which is why I power mine from a USB socket on the TV which powers off when the set goes into standby, wherever possible.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.