cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
elmsyrup
Advocate

Now TV juddering

I subscribe to NOW TV without boost, and watching via an Android stick (not Chromecast, an Android stick which has built in apps). Ever since I set up the new Android stick, NOW TV is juddering whenever it comes out of an advert whether I watch it via the built in app on the stick, or whether I cast it from the app on my tablet. The only way to stop the juddering is to stop casting or go to a different app, and then go back into the NOW TV app and restart it. Obviously this is incredibly annoying and makes me want to unsubscribe. Has anyone else had this issue?

4 REPLIES 4
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @elmsyrup 

Does the Android Stick under it's Display Settings have an option to force 50hz when watching NOW ?

If the Stick is set to 60hz or Auto you may find NOW content will judder on it's 60 hz where NOW content is 25fps or 50fps.

With with my Amazon Fire Stick because the Fire Stick Auto frame rate matching doesn't work with the NOW App, I have to manually force 50hz on the Fire Stick when watching NOW (otherwise to my eyes I see judder).

And switch back to 60hz when watching Apps such has Disney + for example.

Not sure this is what you are seeing or something else.

You could try playing with your TV motion processing settings to see if you can smooth out the judder, but this might introduce the Soap Opera Effect which I can't view when watching either Cinema or Entertainment content, but when watching Sports on my TV I don't mind a little motion processing.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@elmsyrup 

Outside of what @schnapps has said, can we assume you’ve tried the usual stuff like; reboot your router, unplugging the stick and deleting the app etc?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
elmsyrup
Advocate

Thanks both, just seen these replies, so I will try out what you suggest this evening. However it's very strange that the adverts stream fine, but then when it goes back to the actual show that's when it starts to judder. And then if I go out and back in the juddering stops and I can watch the show normally again until the next ad break, and again the adverts stream fine and then going back to the show it judders. So it's something about the adverts. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@elmsyrup 

Can I assume you are watching on demand or is it Live? As boost will only aid to remove ads from on demand content.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help