cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lucy99
Advocate

No sound on Sky News on Samsung TV

I’ve got sound on all channels except Sky News on Samsung TV Now app. Known problem? Is there a fix? Sound on Sky News works in my phone.

Labels (1)
0 Thanks
4 Replies
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: No sound on Sky News on Samsung TV

Hi @Lucy99 

I haven't seen anybody on the NOW Community Forum or over on NOW Twitter report this.

Unfortunately i haven't got a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt native NOW App to check.

I tried Sky News on my NOW box and Roku Player and both run Sky News fine with regards to both picture and sound.

Can't really suggest much apart from temporary unplug the power to your television and Router, maybe a fresh NOW App download.

There is about 3 different ways to access the live Sky News TV Guide from the NOW App, maybe try all three methods.

Apart from that get in touch with NOW live chat to report the problem, though it does sound an isolated case (unless more Samsung Smart TV owners come forward). 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lucy99 

Just to echo the sound advice from @schnapps  if you are unable to delete the NOW app, I would suggest to clear the app cache.

https://www.windowsdispatch.com/clear-app-cache-cookies-samsung-smart-tv/

Worst case scenario to set the TV back to factory settings.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, I am simply a NOW customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service and like you I am still a customer. For any account issues you’ll need to contact staff via customer support.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Lucy99 

Two other people have reported the same issue over on NOW Twitter in the last 24 hours with a Samsung TV.

Unfortunately reading the Tweets between NOW and the two people who have reported it, they still can't get sound from Sky News via the live streaming feed off the TV Guide inside the App.

0 Thanks
Sportwatcher
Scholar

Yes, I have this issue too through Samsung TV. No sound. Other channels all OK 

0 Thanks