cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

NOW app requesting firmware update

Installed on our Samsung tv the app isn't loading but requesting a firmware update.  I've manually updated the tv and there are no updates to install. NOW tv is still not loading. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Ive spoken to samsung an theyve said its a known issue they are working on a fix 

View solution in original post

59 REPLIES 59
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Are you using a Samsung Smart TV with the inbuilt native NOW App or a NOW box / stick ?

If you have a Samsung Smart TV 2020 model then maybe try this in the screen shot below.

Screenshot_2021-10-30-13-29-37.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If the above doesn't work, then have you tried fully deleting the NOW App off your Samsung Smart TV, then download a fresh NOW App, then unplug the mains power to the television for 2 minutes, then switch on the television and sign back into the My Account section of the App.

I don't own a Samsung Smart TV, but i had to do something similar this week on the NOW App on my Fire Stick, plus i also removed the cache in my Fire Stick NOW App together with the above to get rid of the update message from my screen and for the NOW App to work again.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks. It's a basic app on the TV that cant be deleted. I've tried reinstalling to no avail...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem on my Samsung LS32AM700

Now TV requesting firmware update.

I downloaded latest update onto usb and updated tv.

I've also reinstalled NovTV app (can't delete because it's a basic app that came supplied)

Switched tv off for 2 minutes

Still get request for firmware update!

Help please.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Somebody else also reported the same problem on NOW Twitter yesterday.

I don't think NOW Twitter resolved it from the tweets that i read between the two parties.

If nobody else on the forum knows how to resolve it, then maybe pop over to NOW live chat for further assistance & help.

Out of interest what is the model number of your Samsung Smart TV ?

You could try a full factory reset, but this would be a pain in the backside and i don't know if it would help anyway with the problem of the NOW App.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have a 2020 32" T5300 Full HD HDR Smart TV. This has also asked for the firmware update. I've tried the factory reset and this has not worked. Tv is on its most updated version. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I have the same problem with a new Samsung tv, NOW app was working for a good few weeks then stopped, went through NOW tv chat and Samsung. Told had to down load a file to my old now stick to a pc then upload this I think to the tv,  just didn’t make sense. So now can’t use now tv I am paying for so will cancel membership. Quite angry about!

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Just to add the software update they advise on this thread doesn’t work, says no software to update

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Follow the steps on this website to clear the cache from the TV.

https://www.windowsdispatch.com/clear-app-cache-cookies-samsung-smart-tv/

Worst case set your TV back to factory settings.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help