cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Disabled-Bea
Scholar

NOW TV STICK OR BOX

HI All, how do i watch NOW Tv?  had presumed i could watch on Hitachi Tv and started paying for the package on 16 July and cannot find it anywhere...have 2 Hitachi Tvs one upstairs and 1 in lounge and neither seems compatible but when daughter checked this before signing up, it said Hitachi Smart Tvs 2yrs old were compatible...am so exhausted with ringing for Broadband/Landline etc...for couple of weekscannot bear to ring again

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Disabled-Bea 

They get their daughter to help, as you have, a grandchild can be quite useful, somebody from Age Concern or other support services they may have.

I don’t know where your daughter got the ‘two years old’ from for Hitachi TVs - the Now website just says ‘Hitachi TVs using the Android operating system’.

But if you can tell us the model numbers of these TVs, we can tell you if they are compatible with Now or not. The number will be on a label at the back of the TV, which I guess you would need someone to look at for you, or it’s probably in the Menu system of the TV, under Support, or System, perhaps.

Or, if you or a helper is familiar with it, open the Apps option on the TV, possibly called GoogleTV Play, and see if Now is shown there, and download it to the TV apps area, if so.

Otherwise, as above, a Roku Express or Amazon Firestick. Curry’s have the entry-level Express, all you would need for Now, for £20, and the cheapest Firestick is nearly twice that. The Roku has the simplest and cleanest user interface by far.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Disabled-Bea
Scholar

Also, where / which remote do i use...beginning to think i'm a dinosaur..how do older, vulnerable people know what to do?

RoyB
Legend

@Disabled-Bea 

They get their daughter to help, as you have, a grandchild can be quite useful, somebody from Age Concern or other support services they may have.

I don’t know where your daughter got the ‘two years old’ from for Hitachi TVs - the Now website just says ‘Hitachi TVs using the Android operating system’.

But if you can tell us the model numbers of these TVs, we can tell you if they are compatible with Now or not. The number will be on a label at the back of the TV, which I guess you would need someone to look at for you, or it’s probably in the Menu system of the TV, under Support, or System, perhaps.

Or, if you or a helper is familiar with it, open the Apps option on the TV, possibly called GoogleTV Play, and see if Now is shown there, and download it to the TV apps area, if so.

Otherwise, as above, a Roku Express or Amazon Firestick. Curry’s have the entry-level Express, all you would need for Now, for £20, and the cheapest Firestick is nearly twice that. The Roku has the simplest and cleanest user interface by far.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Jayach
Elite 3

Just what models are these TV's? You should be able to confirm on-line if the Now app is available for them.

As Now no longer supply hardware, should the TV not have the app, an inexpensive streaming stick (Fire/Roku/Chromecast) should suffice.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Disabled-Bea 

NOW no longer make or sell the box or stick. It needs to be a supported device from this link.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help