cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

NOW App just landed on Hisense Vidaa Smart TV platform

Just went on the Vidaa Apps Store on my 2021 Hisense Smart TV and noticed the NOW App which is great news.

Going to check later if the NOW App is also available on my 2020 Hisense Vidaa Smart TV.

13 REPLIES 13
mfox2
Advocate

I am a Now Sports subscriber with Boost and I have recently bought a Hisense U7K running on VIDAA U7.  I too am finding that 50fps is rather hit and miss, the Villa v Wolves game yesterday was 25fps however, I have certainly seen 50fps  working previously

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @mfox2 

I find on my Hisense Vidaa 6 NOW App if you are watching a Premier League game switch between Sky Sports Main Event and Sky Sports Premier League live channels from the TV Guide and after a few attempts you will get 50fps eventually on one of these channels.

Though it's a bit of a pain and I don't know why it can't be 50fps straight away when you select a Sky Sports channel with your Boost Membership.

More difficult if you want to watch something on Sky Sports Football and there is not another Sky Sports channel broadcasting the game, where it might eventually output 50fps on the channel but you may take a few minutes jumping out of the stream and back in again a few times or temporary switching channels before the stream is fixed at 50fps.

I did report this to a NOW Staff Member a few weeks back with no feedback from them to date.

mfox2
Advocate

@schnapps 

I just tuned in to Main Event (Livingston v Celtic)  and, again, I was presented with 25fps, then I switched to Football and, as you advised, it was 50fps!

Very odd but thanks for the tip!

TheGreat208
Advocate

@mfox2 @schnapps is correct I find switching around channels you will eventually get one which is 50fps - all very odd. I have no such problems with my non 4k Chromecast or my Roku mini. Hopefully there will be an update soon but have either of you brought it up with Hisense? Would they give a toss? Also a Discovery+ app would be nice but I'd rather they sort this framerate nonsense out tbh.