cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Saint1976
Elite 3

Blocked from getting offer

Now blocked me from getting an offer by automatically applying a more expensive offer.

Email received 10:24am

IMG_20230815_140331.jpg

Email received 3:17pm

Screenshot_2023-08-15-14-02-22-75_45e686c594768066ad9911d54d96f72b.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
RoyB
Legend

@Saint1976 @gavs82008 @commanda6 @Simon-J 

Surely if you just went in and Cancelled Sports, it would negate the new offer, leaving you with only the rump of the current month, and thus eligible once more to take the better offer?

Or does it work differently than that?

Now just sent me a six-month extension to my discounted Cinema rate, otherwise due to revert to full in a few days, so I thought ‘thanks Now, saved me the retention dance’

But out of curiosity, I did the dance anyway, and got an even better price 😛

Not quite your situation, I know, though, unless the retention dance came up with £19.99…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 

I had that with the entertainment membership not long ago. Had to do live chat but got it resolved. 

Not impressed that they find it acceptable to automatically apply discounts without our permission.

@Simon-J another example of the system doing automatic discounts. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@gavs82008 Thanks for flagging Gavs, I'll get it looked into.

Simon-J
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Saint1976 Best way to get this looked at securely is to jump on chat. In the meantime I'll flag this up, don't think this should be happening, both are coming to the the same email address right?

Thanks

Simon

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Simon-J yes same email account. Sorted with live chat and the cheaper offer has been applied. 

@gavs82008 I don't have a problem with discounts being automatically applied as long as they are on the same terms as the original offer. I was paying £19.99 a month so it's not really an offer of it automatically renews at £26.99!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 

Tell me about it mate. 

My entertainment offer was £4.99 and the system automatically applied £6.99 when it came to an end. This prevented me from playing the cancel game to get decent discounts, which I ended up getting the same £4.99 offer! Albeit massive price differences for you, but it really is the principle. 

The same happened to me last year too. Definitely would rather have the option to accept the offer by clicking in the email for a link, but certainly not it being automatically applied!

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Saint1976 @gavs82008 . The system has done it to me to, but in my case, I think my entertainment offer might have been up in September so that would be within the last 30 days of my current offer. But the principle is nonetheless the same. The system should not be automatically applying offers. So I'm glad this has been flagged up now.

By the way @gavs82008 . I'm liking the new avatar 😀 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 

Was kinda hoping my entail moan to Simon would have kick started the issue to be looked into. Still better late than never!

Haha thanks dude, been meaning to change it for a while and always found the default ones on here a bit bland. 

RoyB
Legend

@Saint1976 @gavs82008 @commanda6 @Simon-J 

Surely if you just went in and Cancelled Sports, it would negate the new offer, leaving you with only the rump of the current month, and thus eligible once more to take the better offer?

Or does it work differently than that?

Now just sent me a six-month extension to my discounted Cinema rate, otherwise due to revert to full in a few days, so I thought ‘thanks Now, saved me the retention dance’

But out of curiosity, I did the dance anyway, and got an even better price 😛

Not quite your situation, I know, though, unless the retention dance came up with £19.99…

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SweetBlitz
Expert 3

Always handy to have more than one account in cases like this.  I find the automated offers annoying for the same reason, that they prevent you from using a better offer like the £1 email offers.  The automated offers are applied immediately the previous offer expires so no opportunity to cancel first.