cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
south121212

please help me move my internet boxes to another room!

My current internet boxes (small white one and not tx box) are in a room that i need them moved from as i have renovated my house and now they sit the wrong side of a 3 foot wall. Who do i get to do this ? is it now?

7 REPLIES 7
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@south121212 

That would involve moving the master socket. You need to call the broadband team to see if it is something they can arrange. 
Use the 'How to get in touch' drop down when signed in for the call centre info.
https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/installation-and-setup

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
chilli2
Elite

The now hub router is black, what on earth is a small white internet box?

RoyB
Legend

@chilli2 

A Master Socket?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

If that's a mastersocket, then you may as well call a plug socket a small white electric box 

Jayach
Elite 3

@chilli2 

If someone doesn't use a landline, and only uses the master socket to connect their router, they probably would think it's an internet connection. Not everyone really understands the technology.

RoyB
Legend

@Jayach @chilli2 

And even of those that do, not everyone uses the correct terminology 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

@JayachIf you are buying a "service" there should be some basic understanding of how it works and what it is , even more so when dealing with service providers that only provide a very basic level of customer support , for those who require a little more handholding then Now is probably one of the worst choices to make with regards to support and the basics.

Some ISPs have customer support agents on their own support forums who can help a little more , i think plusnet, talk talk, EE and vodafone ( to name a few) fall into this category.

Some service providers have excellent customer support where you can get through to the people who actually make the network work, such as Andrews and Arnold .

But as it is  i wouldnt recommend Now for the technically inept , or those who require a high level of support, or need to use Now for critical business use