cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lee8
Advocate

Wireless router

Does anyone know if there is a wireless router I can get? I am a current customer but I have to move to a caravan with no phone line so need a wireless router 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lee8 

If your moving property you need to call the broadband team.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412518
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lee8 

If your moving property you need to call the broadband team.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/now-broadband-calls/switching-to-now-broadband-or-moving-home

NOW Broadband Members can call us 8am–8pm, 7 days a week.

03300 412518
FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Lee8 

You won’t get Now broadband over a wireless router.

But if you are moving somewhere where Now can’t serve you, you can terminate your contract without penalty.

However, never underestimate Openreach’s ability to come crashing though a nearby hedge with a coil of wire, or more likely fibre, over their arm 😛

You best bet is probably cellular internet from one of the mobile providers, or even just invoking the WiFi hotspot on a cellphone. But make sure you have a suitable data plan, as streaming can eat up those gigabytes.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
chilli2
Elite

Now only provide a service over the openreach copper network, if there is no traditional phone socket at the place you are moving to, and its not possible to install one ( ie caravan/temporary building)  then you will need to look at alternatives , probably either something at the caravan park ( ask around) or from a mobile network operator.

Before you sign up to anything , or commit to a contract check the coverage, Some mobile operators can suffer from congestion and slow speeds in certain areas, in one area one provider may be good and another poor, and somewhere else it will be the other way round.

After looking for someone else, Three appear to have some of the cheapest deals at the moment, but again check coverage, and EE are one the more expensive side