cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

What TV Shows That You Enjoyed Watching Was Cancelled Early By The Studios

Not sure if there is a thread already about this topic, but thought that i would post the TV Shows that i enjoyed watching on NowTV that the Studios cancelled early Smiley Mad

The two most recent shows on NowTV for me was "Legends" and "Aquarius" where i was looking forward to seeing a new season for both shows Smiley Mad

Wondering if any other forum members have any shows they want to mention on here.

@Karl-Fare we allowed to mention other TV shows on alternative streaming services (don't want to be a naughty boy by breaking any rules Smiley Very Happy) ?

20 REPLIES 20
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

Firefly... (but I don't know if it was available on the NOW TV service though) Smiley Sad

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital

I watched the movie Serenity when it came out, but never got round to watching the spin off tv series (even though when doing the Sky Store Trial i have the Firefly DVD boxset and entire season 1 in my Sky Store Library Account) Smiley Embarassed

One day, i need to make time to watch this TV show Smiley Very Happy

SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

It's hard to believe that Firefly is 15 years old.

I have all 14 episodes (and the 2005 movie) on Blu-ray, which look and sound great... The show still holds up really well even today 😉

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital

Just realized that i have got my knickers in the twist and back to front after reading your above post where Firefly was originally out first where the spin off movie Serenity followed three years later Smiley Embarassed

Luckily i am not a big fan,otherwise i would have been embarrassed mixing up the timeline dates Smiley Happy

caseyb1993
Legend 5
Legend 5

@schnapps Atlantis on BBC One. I will never forgive them for cancelling it and leaving it how it ended. It was not even an ending. It was the start of the adventure and they decided to just screw with the audience. 

They better not leave Poldark like that! 

I am not staff, I am a customer that likes to help,
so please click the Thank You/Thumbs Up button if I helped you out and maybe even accept it as a solution? 🙂
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

Manimal!

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy

Never heard of that show before, had to Google it Smiley Happy

According to IMDb it's from 1983, so was it shown on one of the four Terrestrial TV channels or did you watch it back then on VHS ?

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andy wrote:

Manimal!

@schnapps I used to watch it as a kid on BBC1 (might have been 2). Cult hit in the junior school playground where I had the kudos of having skinny fingers so I could so the turning into an eagle impression better than anybody else could. A friend who loves it bought me the Region 0 DVD from US one birthday as a retrofest but of course it was complete pap watching it now. Still doesn't spoil the childhood memories tho, it was great ...

As was another one season wonder 

Street Hawk!

More fond memories of riding round the playground on my imaginary motorbike ...

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@commanda6 Yeah lots of shows don't hit their stride until the second or more usual third season, so it is a shame that so many get cancelled, but that's the studio way now ... They commission so many shows in one go they know full well they won't support all of themmoving forward. Unless it's a show I'm particularly looking forward to I don't usually bother with first seasons now, I'd rather see what happens and what the response is and then catch them on boxsets.