cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Vouchers

Argos has a 3 month NowTV Entertainment pass for £15 but on here is says £7.99 per month. Why can't I buy that deal on here? Surely it would be even cheaper on here as I am sure Argos gets a cut from the £15 retail price. Seems I have to go to Argos to get that deal which makes no sense why NowTV doesn't offer that deal on their website or even have a better deal.

4 REPLIES 4
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
...Why can't I buy that deal on here? 

Hi @Anonymous User,

You could offer the same argument for any product that you have on monthly subscription, from your energy bills to your insurances. Hence the expression, "it pays to shop around"...

These kinds of deals are offered by retailers. Which is why it's very advantageous to keep a look out for them and spread the word when you find them 🙂

Thanks... 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Less than a tenner on Ebay for 3 months, I'd shop around some more mate 🙂

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Anonymous User @SeeMoreDigital

Hi TOL

As pointed out by SMD and VV, retailers can offer deals because they can negotiate bulk discounts, when they buy passes wholesale, and then pass on some of that discount to us, the consumer.

It seems to me that most savvy consumers understand the concept, but from your post it seems that you don't, why?

UK Bob

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. If you'd rather get that offer from an official retailer rather than using eBay, you can buy the £15 for 3 months online at Game or PayPal Gifts - they email you the code that you apply just the same as if you'd bought the gift card in Argos, but without the need to make a trip to Argos.

http://www.game.co.uk/en/now-tv-entertainment-3-month-pass-319759/?merchname=hubNowTV-_-pass-_-entertainment3month

https://www.paypal-gifts.com/uk/brands/nowtv-entertainment.html