cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnnaJ
Advocate

Unknown player error

Hi,

When I select a channel to watch on my entertainment package I receive an unknown error message, I then have to go back and select the channel again. The sound doesn’t sync with the program and sometimes a loud popping sound. 
Have checked my settings and broadband speed is excellent. Any ideas?

Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@AnnaJ 

What device? As you’ve posted this in the off topic section of the forum.

We are merely customers like you so can only help so much before we send you packing to speak with staff.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
AnnaJ
Advocate

Sorry, it’s the now black box watching on my tv. 

RoyB
Legend

@AnnaJ 

I’m with @gavs82008.

Unless you tell us how this is happening, we are as ‘unknown player’ as your Now app is 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @AnnaJ 

I have come across this random unknown error message on the majority of my playback devices (including NOW boxes).

And the only way to clear this message for me, was to jump back to either the previous screen page or back to the NOW Home main screen and start again with the NOW content you want to watch.

With regards to the sound out of sync, then what happens if you go into the NOW box Settings under Audio and change to Stereo.

To reach Settings on the NOW box, when on the home screen keep pressing the back button (button next to home on the remote) until the additional menu on the left hand side of the TV screen appears which includes Settings.

AnnaJ
Advocate

I will try changing the sound option, thanks for your help. 🙂