cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NickBat
Mentor

OVP_0001

Last week I watched NOW without any issues. However, today I am getting the Error Code OVP_0001, meaning that content can't be shown in my country (UK). My ISP is in London (have checked) and I've tried switching the router off for 30 minutes, but to no avail.

Get the same message on my PC.

Really annoying. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
NickBat
Mentor

Update!
All working now. I appears that the problem was indeed with Open Infra's server. When contacted they were already aware of the problem and soon had it fixed!

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@NickBat 

What is the device you’re using outside of your PC? 

Are you able to delete and reinstall the app?

On the PC, what about another browser or deleting the cookies and data?

Is this Live TV or on demand or both?

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
NickBat
Mentor

It suddenly started working on my PC last night (for live darts and F1). My daughter's phone would only play (with no OVP_0001 errors) after several NOW restarts.

This morning, NOW live works on my  PC works and on my daughter's phone, but my main TV continues to have the OVP_0001 error, despite signing out and back in on the NOW App.

Very frustrating.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@NickBat 

What make is your TV. Have you tried deleting the app and reinstalling it?

Signing out and in won’t do anything to correct app issues I am afraid. 

Have you tried unplugging your TV for a few minutes?

NickBat
Mentor

It's a Samsung and I watch via the YouView App on my BT box.

I'll try unplugging the TV and box a bit later. Will let you know how I get on!

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@NickBat 

So you aren’t using the native app on your Samsung TV or does it not have it?

Is your billing for NOW via BT by any chance as you are using their box to watch it with?

NickBat
Mentor

The Samsung TV does not have the native app. I'm not using BT anymore, but the box works in that it fires up, lets me go through the menus, but I get the problem as soon as I try to watch any selection. Regular TV works fine on the box.

What I find odd is that my PC and the TV are on the same CAT6 intranet, so it doesn't make any sense for NOW on the PC to accept that my ISP is London based, but the TV doesn't.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@NickBat 

Best to report with staff directly via live chat. Make sure to be signed in and use the ‘How to get in touch’ drop down.

https://help.nowtv.com/get-in-touch/tv/problems-watching-now

RoyB
Legend

@NickBat 

But the TV is just the passive display for what the YouView box is sending, in this situation.

It’s the YouView box having the issue, with the Now app that is present on it, and not the TV at all.

And have you really got the TV on Ethernet, and not the YouView box, or is the YouView box on Ethernet as well as, or instead of, the TV?

It’s useful to have a model in your head of what the data flows and information flows actually are between your devices, and what is internet, WiFi or Ethernet, what is HDMI and in which direction, and what is from a terrestrial aerial.

But yes, it’s weird if Now on the PC isn’t complaining about your IP address (which is the outward-facing IP address your router presents to the world) and yet Now on the YouView box is getting a complaint about that exact same IP address presented by the router.

What model of YouView box is it? Armed with that information, I would try a Maintenance Mode reset on the YouView box, Option 2, Factory Reset, Keep Recordings :-

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

See if that straightens things out,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
NickBat
Mentor

Thanks Roy!

I appreciate the effort you and gavs82008 have put in to help me.

I'm afraid I may have misled people (and myself). It turns out that, on my PC, the VPN was running when I was able to tune into NOW!

Essentially, my regular ISP (which is only a month or so old, being ex-BT) shows as Internet Sverige in London which is obviously the same ISP my TV/Box shows. However, if activate my VPN it shows a different ISP (naturally), connected to a German server, also in London. The German server allows me to access NOW, but the Swedish server doesn't. Thus a phone call/email to Open Infra is needed to get it sorted.

Fingers duly crossed!