cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FrazzleDazzle
Advocate

Evening buffering on TV only

There is constant buffering on my smart and standard TVs, making it impossible to view, my tablet and laptop work fine with no buffering.  Evening speed averages 34Mbps and only one device is used at any time. Any idea how to solve this?

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@FrazzleDazzle 

How are you getting Now on a standard TV?

(I'm guessing a plug-in device of course, but what?)

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
FrazzleDazzle
Advocate

@RoyB  It's a Roku stick on the standard TV and an Amazon Fire stick on the smart TV.  During the day it works fine, it's just the evening it's rubbish.

chilli2
Elite

Who is  your internet service provider, and what package are you on?

FrazzleDazzle
Advocate

Fleur Telecom. The package is up to 38 Mb.

At first, it was NowTV we had a problem with, now it's NowTV, Netflix and Prime. It's worse at the weekend even though the internet speed is above 30Mbps.

RoyB
Legend

@FrazzleDazzle 

On various devices with a browser, use fast.com to see what speeds you are really getting over WiFi, and if you can, also measure the speeds you can get over a wired Ethernet connection, and check if you get the same buffering problems over Ethernet.

But as it’s not just Now affected, your best bet is to discuss these results with Fleur Telecom.

A nominally decent speed dragged down by constant buffering could be outside interference, from electrical equipment or neighbour’s WiFi, or a poor WiFi signal from your router, or contention, of which ‘worse at weekends’ is indicative.

Youe ISP should be able to walk you through all of this, to narrow things down and hopefully resolve them.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
FrazzleDazzle
Advocate

@RoyB  Thanks Roy. I will have a look into it.