cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ioannis
Advocate

Broadband Down- 3 days to Fix- REFUND OF COSTS

I have had issues with my broadband and the engineer will not be able to come in to fix them until Monday. This is 3 full days without service and I am also Working from home. Is there a refund possibility or anything of that nature for these issues? 

Thank you very much for your help! 

2 REPLIES 2
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ioannis 

Have a nosy at this, should give you some answers. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/auto-compensation

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Ioannis 

Monday is pretty good - it’s two working days (Saturday is a working day, Sunday isn’t) - and the Openreach SLA tier that Now are on is 72 hours, not the 24 hours that more premium (and more expensive!) ISPs may sign up for.

But you have started an automated clock with Now that will determine what, if any, compensation you will receive, depending on how long the outage is, as described in the link @gavs82008 gave.

I’m very unlikely to get any such compensation ever, though; not only is my FTTP five times more reliable than the FTTC that is Now’s only offering, if it does go down, a cellular modem will kick in within 3 minutes, and keep me supported until the service comes back 😢

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.