cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Martin4
Advocate

Ads despite paying £10pm for a subscription is criminal

Genuine unabashed greed. Shameless lack of explanation and definitely not worth it given that:

1. The app is prone to crashing.

2. The bitrate tanks randomly.

3. Crap, nonsensical adverts trying to sell me things I do not and will never need.

4. I have to download a program to even stream it? And the reasons make zero sense! Just have it be in-browser for goodness sake.

Once I'm done with my binge I'm out, indefinitely. Sod this platform.

22 REPLIES 22
Ambinog
Occasional Poster

I completely agree it’s not like it’s 1 add per episode it’s 2-3 every 15 minutes and the content of the app isn’t getting any better either so they're definately not spending the majority of the money on the shows it’s greedy bussiness I’ll be cancelling for definate rather buy dvds with my money at this rate atleast a 45 minute show won’t take an hour and 15 minutes to finish and I’d have full control of what I’m actually buying 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Ambinog 

Most streamers are doing it and soon to be doing it. 

Disney+ launching an ad tier at the end of the year.

Netflix has launched theirs already.

Amazon launching theirs next year.

Discovery+ has ads and no amount of money can stop them 😡

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Ambinog 

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic/What-s-with-the-adverts/m-p/612059/highlight/true#M22106

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.