cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

VPN Blocked

Hi is there any way I can watch SkyNOWtv via VPN?

I don't want to watch from another country or avoiding licensing vice versa, I just don't want my privacy invaded and activity logged, recorded or spied on. I assume there's somthing in the t&c's that mean I agree not to break the license agreements anyway, so can my setup be unblocked?

Also I frequently do Other things that require vpn, and want to simultaneously watch SkyNOW, but I can't because the VPN is blocked.

Regards

0 Thanks
40 Replies
Legend 5
Legend 5

Re: VPN Blocked

@Anonymous User unfortunately settings which allow you for example to watch Netflix US make it look like you are outside of UK.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, as I stated in the original post though, I'm not even doing that.

I'm using UK VPN tunnels, so I'm appearing in the UK (which I am,) watching uk SkyNOW, but it still won't work just because I'm using a VPN to protect myself.

0 Thanks
Legend 5
Legend 5

Ok are you trying to watch on a laptop? 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately we don't support any VPN's at all and this is to do with the licencing agreements we have in place with our suppliers.

Thanks

Andy

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I appreciate that, although of course by "don't support" you mean 'actively
block with great effort', but you're saying blocking VPNs are specifically
a stipulation in the licensing contracts, rather than just a precaution on
Sky's behalf to adhere to regional constraint agreements?

Thanks
0 Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I appreciate that, although of course by "don't support" you mean 'actively block with great effort', but you're saying blocking VPNs are specifically a stipulation in the licensing contracts, rather than just a precaution on Sky's behalf to adhere to regional constraint agreements?

I guess you can read @Anonymous User's reply anyway you like @Anonymous User.

However the underlying policy is that VPN's are not supported by NOW TV. And that's that...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would have no problem with this if NowTV/Sky also applied the same VPN block when accepting the payment details. However, there is apparently no problem in using a VPN to create an account and give them cash. These thieving ###### took my money without giving access. 

Tags (1)
Anonymous User
Not applicable

same here.

0 Thanks
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I agree to this !