cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

VPN Blocked

Hi is there any way I can watch SkyNOWtv via VPN?

I don't want to watch from another country or avoiding licensing vice versa, I just don't want my privacy invaded and activity logged, recorded or spied on. I assume there's somthing in the t&c's that mean I agree not to break the license agreements anyway, so can my setup be unblocked?

Also I frequently do Other things that require vpn, and want to simultaneously watch SkyNOW, but I can't because the VPN is blocked.

Regards

40 REPLIES 40
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User unfortunately settings which allow you for example to watch Netflix US make it look like you are outside of UK.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes, as I stated in the original post though, I'm not even doing that.

I'm using UK VPN tunnels, so I'm appearing in the UK (which I am,) watching uk SkyNOW, but it still won't work just because I'm using a VPN to protect myself.

Legend 5
Legend 5

Ok are you trying to watch on a laptop? 

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi @Anonymous User

Unfortunately we don't support any VPN's at all and this is to do with the licencing agreements we have in place with our suppliers.

Thanks

Andy

Anonymous User
Not applicable
I appreciate that, although of course by "don't support" you mean 'actively
block with great effort', but you're saying blocking VPNs are specifically
a stipulation in the licensing contracts, rather than just a precaution on
Sky's behalf to adhere to regional constraint agreements?

Thanks
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:
I appreciate that, although of course by "don't support" you mean 'actively block with great effort', but you're saying blocking VPNs are specifically a stipulation in the licensing contracts, rather than just a precaution on Sky's behalf to adhere to regional constraint agreements?

I guess you can read @Anonymous User's reply anyway you like @Anonymous User.

However the underlying policy is that VPN's are not supported by NOW TV. And that's that...

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would have no problem with this if NowTV/Sky also applied the same VPN block when accepting the payment details. However, there is apparently no problem in using a VPN to create an account and give them cash. These thieving ###### took my money without giving access. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

same here.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Same here.  This is terrible behaviour by Sky.

They are able to detect that a user is connected via VPN, and yet they do not apply that detection at time of purchase, knowing that we would not continue with the purchase if we knew VPN was not supported.  This is a fraudulent sale.

I want my money back.