cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BicBasher
Elite

TV Player Plus

TV Player have launched their Plus premium service, which is currently in Beta.

For £4.99 (Free trial for 14 days), you get a mix of free and 25 subscription channels.

Pay tv channels are:

Lifetime

Watch

TLC

Gold (already on NOW TV)

Alibi

Sony Entertainment Television

Sony Movie Channel

History

Discovery (on Now TV)

ID - Investigation Discovery

Discovery Turbo

Animal Planet

H2

CI

Good Food

Home

Eden

National Geographic Channel

British Eurosport

British Eurosport 2

Cartoon Network

Boomerang

Cartoonito

Baby TV

TV Player Plus will be on PC, iOS, Android, Amazon Fire and coming soon to Samsung Smart TV's and connected Freeview.  (The latter won't have the UKTV owned channels).

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
42 REPLIES 42
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @BicBasher

you may wish to add that the PLUS service is only currently usable on a PC. As it is in public beta Smiley Happy

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BicBasher, thanks for the tip on the upgrade coming soon to TVplayer. Glad to see it will be available on Amazon TV since it is not on this. Be interesting to see if they have the rights to all content on Gold for example Now can't seem to show "Allo Allo".  Together the two services will give a really good range of channels I think.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
BicBasher
Elite

@4268

From what I've watched of Gold on TV Player Plus, there's no slating.

Take in mind however that all channels are in SD, including the British Eurosport channels.

Networking Spec - ISP: TalkTalk VDSL2 @ 76mbps | Amazon Fire TV Cube 2nd Gen, Chromecast 3rd Gen WiFi, Motorola Moto G9 (Android 11), Dell PC with Windows 10 Home Edition using Now TV Player.
Legend 5
Legend 5

SD doesn't worry me. I watch programs for the story line. I don't like sports so not at all bothered about Eurosport. To be honest I can't see what makes HD better.

Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
BicBasher
Elite

@4268

That's true if you're watching channels like Gold where the programmes were made in SD.

Sports and movies are normally better in HD, although I watch the Now TV live streams of Sky Movies in SD.

What I would say is that I find HD for normal programmes a lot sharper and prefer to watch in HD if possible.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Any idea when it'll be available on freeview connected TVs?
Legend 5
Legend 5

@BicBasher as I presume a tester of the service, Can you advise does it work on Firefox, Chrome and Edge browsers? Also can you get the display on a TV either by HDMI or VGA depending on your laptop? I can't see anything on the website. Though I might not be looking in correct space. Be interesting to see what their device restrictions are once the apps are up and running.

BicBasher
Elite

@4268

I've tested it on Firefox and Chrome and works on both.    They use Flash rather than Silverlight that NOW TV uses.

I don't have a laptop, so not been able to test a connection to the tv set.    However I've also tried using my LG smart tv browser and the free channels work, while the pay tv channels don't due to the encryption used.

There are free channels, for which you can test the service on a browser before using the free trial.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I am currently on the 14 days of the public beta too and have tried to output my chrome browser version onto TV through HDMI and get sound only. 

Just to follow uo on another point I believe that the UKTV channels will not be available on amazon fire TV either as I believe from what I have read that the other ones won't and I suppose on this basis that airplay eyc will not work either?  We will only see I suppose when the apps have been updated to allow for the plus channels...