cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SandySD
Scholar

Specified path does not exist

I have just recently changed my laptop and keep getting this message C:\ Users\appdata\Roaming\NowTV \Now tv player.exe and then the specified path does not exist . Check the path and try again . Can anyone help . The only difference is I have windows 11 does that make any difference . Thank you.

3 REPLIES 3
RoyB
Legend

@SandySD 

When you look at  C:\ Users\appdata\Roaming\NowTV \Now tv player.exe (be aware that you may need to set Show Hidden Files first, and that you may have transcribed this address incorrectly*) what do you see?

How did you transfer your files from the previous laptop?

Have you set the Now Player up on this new laptop?

If so, can you do it again?

There does seem to be a bug with the browser side of Now, though, that once it has found the Now Player, it keeps a persistent link to it, and can’t accept that it might have been moved or deleted. I’m trying to qualify this bug on a Mac desktop at the moment.

The trick may be to clear the cookies, cache, or browsing history for the affected browser, or to try a different browser for the moment. If you could try this, and see what works, that would be very helpful to me as well as to you at the moment.

There are, as far as I know, no special issues with Now on Windows 11; certainly, Now is reported as compatible with Windows 11, for the most recent versions of the Player, though I don’t myself have a Windows 11 device to check on, as my 2017 Dell XPS 15 doesn’t qualify.

But migrating from Windows 10 to Windows 11 might be the culprit here if you, or the program doing it, tried to handle the Now Player and didn’t get it quite right.

*My Windows 10 Now Player is at:-

C:\Users\{me}\AppData\Roaming\NOW TV\NOW TV Player\NOW TV Player.exe

though I don’t know if the difference between this and your location is a Windows 11 thing, or your transcription error.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
SandySD
Scholar

Thank you . It is a new laptop and just wanted my Nowtv back on but so far nothing has worked . I have tptally got rid of everything and started again several times . My partner has the same come up on their devise so must be something . I will just have to watch the Netflix on laptop and save the Now tv for just for the tv  fir now . I was just curious if not too complicated how I could fix it being a novice .x

SandySD
Scholar

As soon as I have dine it I will let you know how . Thank you x