cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Roku Streambar £59.99 at Argos

Argos and Very are currently selling the Roku Streambar at £59.99 which is a cracking price where usually it sells between around £99 to £125.

Don't know if other Retailers will follow and if this significant price reduction is because there is a new model on the horizon.

Would have been tempted at this price, but I don't need another Roku streamer or sound bar myself.

Also at the moment it seems like there is stock when checking my post code and surrounding post code areas.

Screenshot_20230501-105642_Samsung Internet.jpg

16 REPLIES 16
sb64
Scholar 2

Will do as soon as i connect it up Roku devices are quite easy to set up etc.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @sb64 

feel free to ignore  the advice I posted at the link below. It seems you've already followed it even before I posted , as I didn't realise you were in this topic as well until just now😁

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Stick/Disney/m-p/601619/highlight/true#M9163 

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
sb64
Scholar 2

No worries your advice can be useful to other people no harm done.

redchiz1
Champion 2

Pending any feedback from a user, I found this on Which? Not positive I'm afraid and rated by them as a Don't Buy, certainly on the sound side.

Screenshot 2023-05-12 at 17.41.51.png

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

It got a half decent review from AVFourms back in 2020 and the main negative was lack of Bass which you would expect without a separate SubWoofer box.

https://www.avforums.com/reviews/roku-streambar-soundbar-review.18249/ 

Hopefully @sb64 is happy with the purchase (especially for £59.99).

Won't be taken the plunge myself, where I have far too many streaming devices.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Looking over on the Hotukdeals website it seems like Argos have acquired more stock of the Roku Streambar where in my region South Wales there is quite a few outlets now carrying stock again or if not order for next day.

chilli2
Elite

Ive got one of those ( ( paid almost £40 more for it - and even then that was a deal) and I'm  not sure where the Which review summary is coming from.

Its obvious, that it wont sound as good as  a £200+ dedicated soundbar, even more so if you are comparing to to sound bars with dedicated sub woofers, however for less than £100 its good value, even more so at the Argos offer price.

And it will sound much better than the sound you get from most mid to budget  Tv's .

Set up is also easy , and no harder than any other streaming device, plus it can also connect to ethernet if you buy a compatible ethernet adaptor - of which there are many (USB to Ethernet)