cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick not working

Hi 

Please can someone help me. I have had a now tv stick for a few years and never had a problem but 2 days ago when I turned on my tv and tried to use it it just didn't work and hasn't worked since. I've read so many posts on what the issue might be and how to solve it but none work. I have no issues regarding WiFi, that is working fine. The stick still has the little white light on it, ive tried using different hdmi sockets, I've pressed the "reset" button (nothing happens!) and all I get is a blue screen with the words "no signal". I rely on my now tv to watch netflix, sky sports and movies, YouTube, Spotify and so on so im completely lost with out it! Please help me as i am going out of my mind.

Many thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Sounds like a HDMI conflict.

Can you test the Stick on another television ?

Are you using the supplied power adapter or a USB port on your television to power the Stick ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Many thanks for the message. Unfortunately i don't have another TV to test it on. I have always used a USB port since I've had it but I have tried the supplied power adapter in the hope that would work but unfortunately still no luck. Any ideas?

Thanks 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try a full factory reset, by holding in the small reset button on the Stick for around 15 seconds whilst the Stick and Television is powered up.

Then setup the Stick from scratch again using your existing NOW account details.

I am also guessing that the HDMI input source on the television is set to the correct HDMI input on the Stick, where you will be surprised how many people get caught out with this.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi

The hdmi input source is correct in relation to the stick. I've even tried using the other hdmi inputs. 

I've also tried holding down the "reset" button on the stick but absolutely nothing comes up on the TV screen!

Any suggestions?

Many thanks again 👍 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you keep holding in the reset button on the Stick for around 15 to 20 seconds whilst both the Stick and Television is switched on ?

If the Stick won't factory reset, and there is nothing on the television screen and you can't test on another TV, then i am out of ideas (apart from getting a replacement NOW playback device).

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thank you so much for all your help. I genuinely don't know what to do. Why does now tv not have a contact number to discuss the issue. I now have a tv that I can only get the basic channels on so I might as well cancel my now tv, sky movies and sports as I can't watch them.

Thanks again thou for your input 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Unfortunately there is no telephone number for NOW TV Members (only NOW Broadband customers).

Here's the communication methods on the link page below to reach out to NOW for TV Members.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

I am surprised holding in the reset button on the Stick for around 15 seconds didn't factory reset it (unless the Stick is completely broken).

Shame you haven't got another TV or know somebody with a TV and internet to temporary test the Stick out to eliminate a HDMI conflict between the television and Stick.

Only other thing i would be tempted to try is go into the television menu settings and play around with anything related to HDMI such has HDMI CEC or if your television is 4K check the HDMI profile is set to standard instead of Enhanced.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'm going to my mums later so I'll take it with me and try it there. I'll let you know if I have any luck. Thanks again 👍 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Don't forget to take the supplied power adapter has well just in case your Mum's TV hasn't got a USB port rated at 5VDC 900Ma to fully power the Stick.

Out of curiosity what is the make and model number of your television and did you try going into the television menu settings and disable CEC HDMI if your TV has this feature.