cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Re: NOW TV Smart DNS block INSIDE the UK!

Can I use googles open dns  or will now to block my programs.

0 Thanks
commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

Hi @Anonymous User

Yep, you can use Google's DNS servers. I use Google's DNS servers and I've never had a problem

From memory, Google's DNS servers are

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
SeeMoreDigital
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User wrote:

I guess it depends on whether you're located inside or outside the UK.

If you're located outside the UK, NOW TV are under no obligation to support you and will (most probably) use every method at their disposal to prevent you from gaining access to their content. Including discussing such issues on this forum... 

Cheers

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@SeeMoreDigital wrote:

@Anonymous User wrote:

I guess it depends on whether you're located inside or outside the UK.

If you're located outside the UK, NOW TV are under no obligation to support you and will (most probably) use every method at their disposal to prevent you from gaining access to their content. Including discussing such issues on this forum... 

Cheers

good point @SeeMoreDigital

@Anonymous User I forgot to ask if you are located in the UK? But you can use Google's DNS servers. If you're located in the UK. In fact, I would actually recommend people do so and I have seen NowTV recommend their use on occasion when people have connectivity problems is Google's DNS servers are pretty much the best there is.

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.
gonefishin
Mentor

NOW is even blocking access to the site itself, which stops legitimate users of the service from managing their account.

Very poor show, NOW.

0 Thanks