cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

How do I sign someone out of my account

Hi I let someone use my now tv and I no longer want them using it how do I sign them out . Tia

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have a read of this link below about changing your password and force a logout of all devices.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/tips-to-help-you-keep-your-account-secure 

Apparently a couple of people have reported the forced logout option is not available anymore (assuming it's a glitch or bug NOW end) after changing your password.

If that's the case and you can't force a logout of all devices by following the instructions in the above link, then see if NOW live chat can force a logout of all devices on your list their end.

Use the green chat online button from this link page below to start a web chat with NOW.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunately they removed the option for up to be able to remove a single device you just have to either speak to someone from nowtv customer services and they can do it (annoying  having to speak to them just todo that) or change your password but it then logs all devices out which is a pain, unless it's to kick someone off that has your details, it's absolutely ridiculous they should of left the option there for us todo it as it is our account and we should have access to it

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

When did Now allegedly remove that option?

I’ve been using Now for years, and it’s always been all or nothing in my experience,

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Yeah it was removed last year I believe.

You used to be able to just go into devices and select and remove the one
that you didn't want on there anymore you can't do that now you just have
to sign in on a new device and it will remove the device that's least been
used, unless you call them up and ask them to remove the one you wan't
gorn, or change password and it will stop all but not sure if you would be
able to sign in to more then a few devices after as back then you was only
able to change like 2 a month
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

Ah, that.

Yes, you used to have a limit of six devices and three swaps a month, but it was never effective as a way of removing unwanted users with a persistent login.

You could remove users with a non-persistent login by changing your password, but you can still do that.

Even back then, you needed to force all users off at a password change to get rid of the cling-ons.

That’s changed a little now; you can selectively remove users service by service, but as you can’t tell which service they might be using, it’s still not much use.

The other downside to the new arrangement is that it doesn’t work at all 😢; but Now are now aware of this, and we might hope to see a fix by 2025.

The number of swaps is now unlimited, by the way.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.