cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Does anyone know a way to make a complain to Nowtv that actually works?

I have been trying to make a complaint for over 3 weeks to Nowtv about the quality of streams on Boost (motion blur & pixilation on block colours) when watching the Sky Sports Channels. Stream quality shows as good and my download & upload speeds can support 8K.

Anyway, the online complaint form on their website does not send. Was given the email [email removed] to email on live chat but you get an auto responder to say this email is no longer used. Emailed [email removed] 3 time without responce.

Live chat staff are beyond frustrating. They don't actually read what you have typed so give you info that is completely irrelevent. Told that they have 'no managers or supervisors' that I can chat with. So how do you actually complain to Nowtv? Any help would be appreciated.

I have complained to Ofcom but they won't do anything unless they get multiple complaints about the same thing so said I have to way 8 weeks from my first complaint to contact Cisas for them to force Nowtv to respond.

The standard of customer service from Nowtv is shocking.

30 REPLIES 30
Anonymous User
Not applicable

The emails appear to have been hidden. First one was help[at]nowtv[dot]com and second customeservices[at]nowtv[dot]com.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

This is the email address I use for contacting NOW, see below picture.

F53E2B25-EEB1-4BEE-A385-5DF4CFD2A83E.jpeg

Speaking of boost, what device is it you use? 
This is because certain devices don’t support 50fps which will be the killer for sports. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Unfortunatly I have had no reponce from that email, having emailed it 3 times over the last 3 weeks.

I have two devices that I use with nowtv, Firestick 4K on a 1080p Panasonic tv and a samsung 4K tv using the smart tv app, both of which nowtv say are compatable for boost.

I have the devices and tv's set up correctly for the requirements and I am getting the signal strength but the picture has visible motion blur and light pixilation on block colours on both the samsung and the TV with the firestick. Really noticible when watching the football on both.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Ah right, stupid question, have you checked your junk email just in case it has turned up there? 

As for Samsung I have seen a few threads about users having issues with sports streams on there too. 
Are both devices connected via Wi-fi or Ethernet? 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, I have checked spam and had nothing from them.

Both the firestick and the samung tv are connected via wifi but I have 204mbs download & 35mbs upload on the firestick and 142mbs & 14mbs uploads on the samsung whic h is more than enough for 8K so it shouldn't have an issue with 1080p. I did connect both via ethernet to see if it made any difference and in terms of the picture quality, but it didn't.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

There is various different threads on the Community Forum relating to picture noise artefacts, macro blocking when watching Sky Sports.

I have participated in a few of them over the years, where the latest noise picture problem that first appeared on a number of Sky Sports Streams i have called the camouflage effect.

Here's one of the latest examples that i have posted on the Community Forum.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/Off-Topic-Chat/Sky-Sports-stranger-pattern-in-the-background/m-p/564326 

It did disappear for a number of months, but reared its ugly head in the last three months or so, where my opinion it's something related to the NOW Sports stream rather than playback devices or members internet speeds.

It's not buffering or pixelation and some sort of weird picture noise in the delivery stream by NOW.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I would agree with that as there is a definate improvement in the picture with boost on sports but it is just not what full hd should be.. It is like the type of artifact noise you can get on a jpeg image when it has been compressed.

I'll have a read of the thread you posted.

RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

The emails appear to have been hidden. First one was help[at]nowtv[dot]com and second customeservices[at]nowtv[dot]com.

Yes, the forum software removes email addresses unless you munge them, as you have done here.

The first one you quote has certainly gone out of service, and the second one has an ‘r’ missing,

So yes, neither will work. But the second one, if the typo is corrected, certainly should work.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah, it is a typo. Was told 13 times on live chat to email help@ despite telling them repeatedly that it doesn't work. They told me 3 times just this afternoon and refused to accept it doesn't work.