cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gregxxxxxxxxx
Mentor

bogus account

when i  access the now tv app on my smart tv i am defaulted to a log in account i never set up or subscribed to . everytime i have to go through the laborious routine of signing out the bogus account and re signing in under my email address of the account i subscribe to. this is a complete pain in the neck. unfortunately now tv dont like talking to customers so i can do nothing to raise this

8 REPLIES 8
redchiz1
Champion 2

You can raise this, use the Chat online button near the top of the page here:

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gregxxxxxxxxx 

To follow up from @redchiz1 could try doing a factory reset to the smart box. This should completely wipe the settings that’s keeping the random login details.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
redchiz1
Champion 2

@gavs82008 It may be posted on the NOW TV Smart Box board, but poster said smart TV, so not sure?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@redchiz1 

Yes definitely quite right! 

What device are you talking about @gregxxxxxxxxx ? As you’ve tagged this in the NOW branded smart box but referenced NOW app on your smart TV, which are two completely different devices entirely. 

redchiz1
Champion 2

As an addendum, not sure why they have a separate board for that any more given that they have long since stopped being made and supplied, could just live on the generic Player & App, board. Which could perhaps be renamed more usefully anyway, maybe just NOW TV?

@Simon-J What do you think? 

gregxxxxxxxxx
Mentor

yes thanks, I've treid a factory reset of the BT you view box. Nothing changed. BT suggested I contact NOW tv as they had no control over this bogus account. Just realised you CAN'T contact now tv and this community blog is all i've got

redchiz1
Champion 2

I just noticed you have two parallel threads running, I haveresponded on your other one, hopefully that will get you through to the right person. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@gregxxxxxxxxx 

Both myself and @redchiz1 have told your how to access live chat. If your getting a bot then your not following the process what we indicated in our posts.