cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Andy_D
Advocate

LAN IP Setup: Address Reservation - behaves erratically

I am new to Now and have been transferring my old network devices to my Now hub. With my previous hub I was able to configure certain devices to have a statically assigned IP address. However this does not seem to work with Now. Instead, I have had to assign a reserved IP address, based on each device's MAC address.

The procedure is actually quite simple, though pretty unintuitive - but that is not the issue.

My problem occurs after selecting the device from the list of attached he'd devices; selecting the required device; and assigning the desired new IP address. If I then press the ADD button, I seem to get two different types of behaviour. In each case I get a warning that the hub will need to reboot, in order to apply the change - no issues with that. However:

• In the 'good' case, I get a "Rebooting" message appear and the device duly reboots. After this, I need to wait a while before the hub becomes available again and the IP address is assigned to the new device, exactly as I wanted.
  • In the 'bad' base the screen goes blank after I press the reboot (corresponding to the web page not being available). If I ping the hub then it is still present and I can access it immediately, by simply reverting my browser back to its base IP address (192.168.0.1). In this case, the hub does not appear to reboot and the fixed address assignment is lost.

Note that my actions are identical in both cases: I select the same attached device and assign the same fixed IP address. It's just that the hub's behaviour is totally random - sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

I would be happy to provide my firmware version if someone can tell me how to find it from the web interface.

1 REPLY 1
Andy_D
Advocate

Found firmware details, under Maintenance/Router Status:

Manufacturer Sky
Model NR801
Firmware Version 4.32.0504.R
DSL Firmware VersionA2pv6F039m1.d24m