cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ITVX
Advocate

Hi gone on to watch ITVX tonight but can’t get itv1 on there

Hi gone to watch ITVX tonight and I can’t get itv1 on there why is this real disappointing that I can’t eat it 

6 REPLIES 6
RoyB
Legend

@ITVX 

Look at Settings/Location. If you don’t have a location defined, you won’t get itv1.

Set your postcode, and see if you then get it.

If you still don’t get it, then maybe you have a Scots or NI postcode.
Try ‘EC’ and see if that works for you.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Speaking of ITVX, which finally got "added" to Sony YouView yesterday. Although as no doubt you would have seen on the YouView forum, it was an utter waste of an update. 

No HD for one, no live and fast channels also. The live TV I could live without but no HD apparently we are stuck in the early 00s.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

I had to look to see what FAST channels were. I still don’t know what ‘no HD’ covers.

I don’t have a Sony Android TV, but the itvX on my LG GX TV has the same issue of no Live Channels menu option, and on my Roku Express 4K itvX the FAST channels are in with the Live channels, so I guess they go together.

There are all sorts of odd little differences besides that between the two itvX apps; parental controls work slightly differently, and the default on Leave/Stay is different also.

How do I tell what’s different with HD between the two - l looked at the movie ‘Unstoppable’ on both and couldn’t see much difference (I can normally spot SD). Maybe the LG implementation has HD though, just not Live/FAST?

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB 

Very possibly with your LG the HD side has been added. When I briefly tried All Elite Wrestling Dynamite it certainly didn't look HD to me. Have just tested Unstoppable and the picture quality difference is very clear.

Thankfully the Amazon fire stick is still plugged in, so this is staying put until YouView get it sorted. 

If they can give us the "full ITVX" experience inclusive of the Live/FAST then that will leave for me only All4 the app that wont let you watch Live TV. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@gavs82008 

Both our 2020 LG TVs still don’t have All 4 at all, so both sport a Roku Express 4K to provide this. We also had to watch Paramount+ on the Rokus (or on a physical Apple TV box) until a few days ago, when Paramount+ was released for the LGs.

Looking for itvX on our 2015 Samsung JS9000, now the kitchen/diner TV, it hasn’t even got the itv Hub any more, let alone itvX. Here again, a Roku Stick saves the day.

commanda6
Legend 5
Legend 5

@RoyB wrote:

@gavs82008 

Both our 2020 LG TVs still don’t have All 4 at all, so both sport a Roku Express 4K to provide this. We also had to watch Paramount+ on the Rokus (or on a physical Apple TV box) until a few days ago, when Paramount+ was released for the LGs.

Oh yes, that would be the oddity that is 2020. LG TVs @RoyB unfortunately, you won't find all4  on any TV sets with don't run Freeview play software stack (with the notable exception of Samsung that is)

2020 LG TVs were a bit odd in that during that period as LG allowed their agreements with Freeview in relation to Freeview play to lapse. Freeview play had been available on the LG TV models the previous year (2019 models) Freeview play was restored on LG TVs for 2021 models and has been available since

I do not work for Now . I am simply a Now customer trying to help I am a Community Contributor This means that I know a lot about the service. But just like you I am still a customer. This means I cannot help you with issues that would involve looking into your account directly. A member of the now TV forum team or live chat will need to assist you with these issues.