cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

LG smart TV brought from Australia to UK

Hi,
I have recently moved in to UK from Australia bringing with me my smart LG TV. I went to Currys PC today to ask about how to run UK tele on my Australian LG without broadband, and they assured me that I can do it with the Now TV setting box. However, I have failed to find channels and then during the online chat with NowTV was informed that this box works only with UK units. I would like to confirm whether it’s true or not? Does anyone here experience similar thing and if yes how solved that issue. Many thanks.

14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Dear Schnapps,

Thank you for your answer. I have been told that with NOW TV Smart Box I can plug in to aerial cable to get an access to national free channels what I did. But later was told that it can work only with TV purchased in UK. Bit confusing and not sure whether its a true for other smart boxes too.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@Anonymous Userwrote:

Dear Schnapps,

Thank you for your answer. I have been told that with NOW TV Smart Box I can plug in to aerial cable to get an access to national free channels what I did. But later was told that it can work only with TV purchased in UK. Bit confusing and not sure whether its a true for other smart boxes too.

Just a point there are no free channels in the uk, you need to buy a tv licence.  That’s the joke that is freeview nothing is free.😀

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I know that 🙂

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User you should be able to get freeview on the smart box without broadband. I have done here in past so it is definitely possible.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User try an aerial booster. If indoor aerial try adjusting angle. Finally turn off anything not needed such as microwave as these can interfere.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.