cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Internet dropping out

Hello, sorry if this is in the wrong place The issue I am facing is the internet is dropping out on the NR701 router, white happy face to nothing, to flashing orange and the cycle continues every few minutes, which is quite annoying when I am browsing etc. The wifi is not being affected, however, the speed has got worse, it was last month, around 68mb and 20mb up, now it's around 40mb max and 10up. I have tested the line using nowTVs troubleshooting and the line has come back fine, I have changed microfilter, ASDL cable, turned off and on etc. and can only see it being the router has the main issue, unless anyway on here can figure it out. Thanks
7 REPLIES 7
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. Try leaving the router unplugged for a good 10 mins or so and then reconnect, but I agree if it keeps happening you've tried most things I would so it may well be faulty. I'd recommend giving the Combo Team a call tomorrow and see what they say.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Think thats what I will be doing,  I was thinking, maybe a rollback of the firmware would fix the issue

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

I don't think there's any problem firmware wise, I'm a Combo customer and I've not had any problems with dropouts from the router. If the 'happy faces' aren't happy it's either a line problem or a router issue, both of which the Combo Team should be able to check when you give them  call (free of charge from your home phone).

if you don't have the number handy then if you go to your My Account > My Package page

https://account.nowtv.com/my-package

and click the Moving Home ‘Find out how’ button at the bottom it will show you the number to call (even tho you’re not really moving home!)

Anonymous User
Not applicable

BT came out, took him from 1pm to 6pm to get at 70mb, so the speed is back. A new dropwire is being installed from the building to the telephone pole tomorrow. Main road has to be closed! 😮 If it isnt installed, same issue will occur at the DSLAM, since the internet is not stable and will slow down again and so on. Stability until the new wire for me is 30mb 

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Glad to hear you're getting sorted, were you in charge of the traffic lights aha?! 🙂

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hey they never changed the wire after all. They got the speeds back up and the router stopped disconnecting...

Speeds are fine now, but guess what, the internet is dropping again. It seems to be an issue with BT

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User Have you let the NOW TV Combo Team know yet? I'd give them a ring again, let them see what they can find - they'll liaise with OpenReach if need be.