cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Home Hub issues

hi, i can't get my printer to connect to the home network . It worked fin with my old broadband provider but just can't seem to get nowtv hub to connect. has anyone else had issues

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

As long as you recognise those 4 devices nothing to worry about, there isn't a four device limit for wifi connections like there is with watching NOW TV. 

Like I say if you can post the make/model of your printer in case anyone is familiar and can offer you suggestions, and then maybe have a play with the printer and/or check out the Sky forum, then if you're still stuck in a couple of days maybe get back to us?

Good luck! 🙂 

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Welcome to the forum. What type of setup do you have? eg is your printer a network printer that connects directly to the Hub via Ehpthernet or wifi, or is it a shared printer connected to one of your computers? Is the issue the printer can't be seen by other devices, or getting it directly connected to the Hub?

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Hi Andy, it's a network printer connected through wifi and my laptop is
wifi but laptop can't find it since i changed over to nowtv fab fibre.
Tried to connect direct with usb but still no joy, hope this helps Andy Y
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

Not sure what operating system you are using, but if it's Win10 and you've recently changed wifi settings from your old ISP to the NOW TV Hub then make sure you change your wifi network to private so that the PC is discoverable. You can follow the steps here

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-configure-network-discovery-windows-10-0

and see if it makes a difference.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

hi, i'm using windows 7 at the mo just tried network settings with no difference

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

When you connect your printer via wifi, does it connect successfully? When you open http://192.168.0.1 in your browser do you see the printer listed as connected to the hub? 

I'm not a Windows 7 user so not sure I could be more help to you at the mo, but if you post back with the make/model number of your network printer someone else might come up with useful info.

However, I'd also recommend going along to the Sky Community and doing a search for your problem there. The NOW TV Hub is basically a rebranded version of the Sky SR102 router so any solutions for that should work on the NOW TV Hub. You could also post your issue there. The reason I suggest going there is they have a much larger community with more regulars than we do here, so you've got a better chance of finding someone who can help.

http://helpforum.sky.com

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hi, must be a printer problem as i can't connect using the usb cable anymore. I did have difficulty connecting when i moved house on BT but reset everything and it worked but not this time . when i look at http://192.168.0.1 there is 4 devices connected, wonder if that has something to do with it

Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

As long as you recognise those 4 devices nothing to worry about, there isn't a four device limit for wifi connections like there is with watching NOW TV. 

Like I say if you can post the make/model of your printer in case anyone is familiar and can offer you suggestions, and then maybe have a play with the printer and/or check out the Sky forum, then if you're still stuck in a couple of days maybe get back to us?

Good luck! 🙂 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

ok thanks for your help have tried to connect cable and wifi but no luck so far printer is an Epsom EX 215 combo if that helps. 

Again thanks for all your help 

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User

If i was in your position, i would firstly try attempting to connect the printer via usb, make sure your printer driver is up to date, before tackling your printer over WiFi.

Just remember that "Google" is a useful way of finding helpful information, where i would type in your internet browser search engine your printer make & model number together with the words Windows 7 can't find printer.

Hopefully a little bit of research from the internet will point you in the right direction.