cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

£44 EACH TIME you restart combo package, not just initial set up cost

£44 EACH TIME you restart your Now TV combo package

I chose the NOW TV combo package because it was no contract and supposed to be easy to cancel and restart. This seemed perfect for my holiday apartment which we visit for a month or two at a time through the year. Everything worked fine and we enjoyed the service for September, then cancelled.

Only on applying to restart for the Christmas holidays did I discover that I would be charged £44 AGAIN for set up!

It does not make this clear on the website and of course this repeated set up cost puts a completely different perspective on my choice of broadband/tv/landline set up. If I have to pay £44 each time I restart, then it would be cheaper to take out a normal broadband contract for a year, even though I’m not at the apartment for months at a time.

So, beware, cancelling and restarting costs you £44 a throw. What appeared to be the perfect solution for holiday homes is no such thing!

Do you think Advertising Standards would be interested in how these no contract packages are sold? Or was it just me who naively assumed the £44 fee was a one off initial set cost?

11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Thanks for your thought Bob, but, as Andy said, it’s the broadband/landline connection that’s the problem, not the TV passes. It looks like it will be cheaper to have broadband/landline on a permanent contract with someone rather than switching the NOW TV combo no contract package on and off every few months. Ah well, maybe Sky will come up with an on/off package which will suit holiday home owners sometime in the future...

ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User @Andy

Hi again Keith

I can see what you want to do, and I can also understand Andy's answer, but you now know that Now TV's "no contract" facility did not have your particular unique situation in mind when it was developed.

My answer to you was a way to avoid the reoccurring start-up fee while still saving money.

OK that being said, maybe one day Now TV will incorporate your situation into their "no contract" facility but don't hold your breath because due to decommissioning and recommissioning costs, which has to be paid to Openreach, it's highly unlikely.

UK Bob