cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Parental pin not been accepted

I keep been asked for my parental pin and every time i enter it states it is invalid. I have tried resetting it and it still won’t work? Please help

8 REPLIES 8
Fiver123
Mentor

i am having the same problem I can’t watch a 12 certificate programme before 8pm. When I enter pin it says it is invalid. 

I then changed my pin number on website, entered on TV and it still says it is wrong.

I cannot get hold of customer support (all roads lead to online help which diesnt answer my problem Chat just gives me a wheel of doom i.e it doesn’t work.

NowTV, please give a simple solution to a simple question.

Thankyou.

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Fiver123 

What device are you referring to? As you’ve replied to a post from 2020 and that user isn’t even active anymore.

You also won’t get a reply from staff because any issues like that must be through live chat (not the bot your talking about) or emailing support.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
Fiver123
Mentor

Thanks for reply.

Live chat doesn’t work. No response. 

i dont know how to originate a new thread, even though, for some reason, I’ve been upgraded to “mentor” 😂.

Frustrating. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Fiver123 

Are you clicking “chat online” within the green box? 
https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

If your hitting “get help quicker” then this is the bot.

Fiver123
Mentor

Device is just an LG tv

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Fiver123 

Can you delete and reinstall the app?

If not have you tried to clear the app cache?
https://www.windowsdispatch.com/clear-app-cache-browsing-data-lg-smart-tv/

Fiver123
Mentor

My problem started at 7.20pm…..now it’s after 8pm watershed, the problem doesn’t apply….until next time I try to watch live tv before 8pm

redchiz1
Champion 2

@Fiver123 Are you sure you have reset and saved the parental PIN, rather than the payment PIN? It may be worth logging out of the app on the TV and then logging back in again to see if the new PIN works then. Failing that, hopefully @gavs82008 has guided you to the chat button.