cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nanma
Advocate

Now box not working upstairs

I have just changed my internet to full fibre.  I had no trouble connecting my now box to the tv downstairs, however, I have just taken it upstairs to connect to tv there and it says I have no signal.   Internet is working fine upstairs for laptop, phone etc.  How can I reconnect my box when I can't get anything on the screen except no signal?

4 REPLIES 4
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Nanma 

Best way is to do a factory reset to the box. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
RoyB
Legend

@Nanma 

If @gavs82008‘s advice does not cure it :-

Are you using the same HDMI cable as you had downstairs, or at least a known-to-be-good one?

Have you ensured that both ends of the cable are firmly seated?

Have you taken the Now box back downstairs to prove that it is still working there?

You might want to try these things first, save yourself setting the box up all over again if it’s just the connection.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Nanma
Advocate

Yes, I have done all of those things, same cable, firmly seated, tried downstairs again, no issue there, just upstairs.

Saint1976
Elite 3

@Nanma just for clarity, what do you mean by 'no signal'?

If a Now box or stick can't connect to the internet you should still get through the start up procedure and see the apps but it will say something along the lines of "internet connection is lost" or "couldn't connect to network" along the top of the screen and the white light on the front will flash repeatedly.

If the message is "no signal" on a blank screen that would indicate that the box and TV aren't communicating.

Is the box powered up? Do you have a solid white light on the front of the box?

Have you selected the right input or hdmi channel on the TV if you have more than one hdmi socket?

On your TV remote should be a button that says 'input' or a square with an arrow through it. Press that and go through the different hdmi options.