cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV Box - Can not watch two programs in a row without restarting the nowtv app

Was just wondering if anyone has the same issue - I had it with my old white NowTV box and also with a new black NowTV box, and it is very annoying.

If I watch a program on NowTV Entertainment channel- through the NowTV app on the NowTV box - it works great and I watch and the program comes to an end, then if I try and watch something else it just hangs - everytime -whether it be the next episode of the program I am watching - or something compeltleyt different. It also does it on the the Kids channel.

I have to hit the home button on the NowTV box remote to exit the NowTVapp, then go back into the NowTVapp and select the next program I want to watch, everytime for months and months now.

Anyone else have this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Anonymous User

Yes it has been discussed at length on the forum....mostly by me as I too find it very annoying.

Thanks to other forum members comments we think it may affect virgin bb customers who have the older black super hub.

Please could you let us know who your internet provider is?

Now Tv team are aware of the issue but despite their promises to come back to us about it, it has been months without any feedback from them.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Lindzi
Elite 2

Hi @Anonymous User

Yes it has been discussed at length on the forum....mostly by me as I too find it very annoying.

Thanks to other forum members comments we think it may affect virgin bb customers who have the older black super hub.

Please could you let us know who your internet provider is?

Now Tv team are aware of the issue but despite their promises to come back to us about it, it has been months without any feedback from them.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yeah I am Virgin BroadBand - and have a black super-hub (model no. VMDG480) - not sure if its the old one or the new one - probably had it a couple of years.

Lindzi
Elite 2

@Anonymous User

Sounds like you have the same hub as me. Another forum user managed to negotiate with virgin to upgrade to the new virgin hub (I think the white super hub 3) and this fixed the issue for them.

I really don't think Now TV are going to do anything about it so this may be our only option.
lovebuguk
Scholar

it may affect virgin bb customers ??.   mines been running for the last year and a half with no probs at all untill 2 weeks ago when i started getting this restarting app.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

It was me that posted about the the new hub 3

I ended up having a very heated discussion with Virgin (as they told me that I would have to upgrade my package to get one which I was not prepared to do) to the point of hanging up on them twice and telling them where to shove their broardband then out of the blue a hub 3 arrived by courier 2 days later & it was black which is cool.

When connected up it buffered like crazy for the first day & in that time it did 3 firmware updates but after that it has worked flawlessly without any buffering what so ever & also solved the original problem as well.

The other nice thing about the hub 3 is you can run 2.4 & 5 ghz wifi simultaniously & both Now tv boxed are connected at 5 ghz which gets you away from interference from the neighbours wifi.

Lindzi
Elite 2

thanks @Anonymous User

I need to get onto Virgin but it sounds like you had an ordeal to get one. I will give it a go though Smiley Happy