cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marques
Observer

Can watch nowtv

Hello for the past 2 days my now tv has been malfunctioning.  It either talks to shows pictures but not both. How do I fix it

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Marques 

Might be a random HDMI problem.

Try a different HDMI port on your television, try a different HDMI cable, also has a temporary test try the NOW box on another television if you have one.

You could also try a software update, by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed quickly by pressing the FF fast forward button 3 times, followed by pressing the RW rewind button on the remote 2 times to bring up a secret menu.

Then update the software even if the number is the same version.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Marques 

Might be a random HDMI problem.

Try a different HDMI port on your television, try a different HDMI cable, also has a temporary test try the NOW box on another television if you have one.

You could also try a software update, by pressing the Home button 5 times, followed quickly by pressing the FF fast forward button 3 times, followed by pressing the RW rewind button on the remote 2 times to bring up a secret menu.

Then update the software even if the number is the same version.

Marques
Observer

I thought the same about the HDMI even bought a new cord. Will do as you said. Thank you

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Marques 

Also update the software on the NOW box anyway and double check both HDMI cable connection and power plug cable.

If using a HDMI hub switcher box, see if you can bypass it.

Marques
Observer

I was able to update the software. But still no changes. How do I bypass the switcher box?

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Marques 

When I say switcher box I mean an external HDMI box where some people tend to use when they haven't got enough number of HDMI ports on their television.

You could also see if there is another software update available by going on the NOW Home screen page, keep pressing the back button on the remote (button next to the Home button) until you see a further hidden menu on the left hand side of the television screen and then select Settings, then select Systems, then select Software update.

Also on your television have a play around in the TV settings with things like CEC HDMI and any HDMI features if it's a 4K TV.

If nothing works, do you have another television in the home to temporary test the NOW box on ?