cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
S-Miles
Mentor

Broken NOW TV Box

Hi my tv works as I can watch dvds but the NOW TV Box has stopped working.  Have unplugged and just can't get the blue light which shows when it works.  Does anyone know please how do I get a new NOW TV Box ?  Thanks

13 REPLIES 13
redchiz1
Champion 2

You can't I'm afraid. Best to look elsewhere for a replacement device e.g. Amazon Fire Stick, Roku etc. 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@S-Miles 

To follow up from @redchiz1 NOW has not been manufacturing any of their own devices in a few years. So you’ll struggle to get a replacement unless it’s from eBay. 

Even then I think the NOW devices apart from the smart box are poor.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @S-Miles 

I am assuming you have the NOW Freeview Smart box if you are seeing a blue light on the front of the box.

Is the blue light flashing or constantly blue ?

What is showing on the TV screen is it blank or says no signal or something else like an error message? 

S-Miles
Mentor
Hi, yes you’re correct re the Freeview Smartbox - when disconnecting all the wires and then putting then all back in the blue light came on, flashed then went off again. The tv when turned on is just a screen of fuzz.
The tv works as I can watch dvds.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @S-Miles 

This might sound like a silly question, but are you sure the HDMI input source on your TV is matching the HDMI input on the NOW box by pressing the input source button on your remote.

Also maybe try the HDMI cable and the HDMI input that you use with the DVD player on your box.

If you are going to try a factory reset on the NOW box by holding in the small reset button underneath the bottom on the NOW Freeview Smart box for around 20 seconds, then make sure you have an active NOW subscription (otherwise when you factory reset it, when setting up the NOW Box again it will ask you to purchase a TV Membership or start a trial if you haven't got any active NOW TV Membership or Memberships already).

Just something to bear in mind when factory resetting the box and don't have a current active NOW Membership and have been using the NOW Box for either the Freeview channels or the third party Apps from it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @S-Miles 

Just had another read of your post and I can see there is no blue light.

Have you checked the power adapter wiring and also try the box from another electrical outlet power socket.

Also maybe try holding in the small reset button underneath the box for around 20 seconds.

S-Miles
Mentor
Thanks again, I couldn’t find the reset button at the time so will check again on the box bottom when I get back home this evening and get back to you.

chilli2
Elite

Is there power going into the device? have you checked the power supply ?

S-Miles
Mentor

Hi and thanks - I've now checked the box.  There is no reset button at all on this little flat black box on either the bottom, sides or or back where the leads go in.  There is definitely power going in as there as the ethernet cable is flashing an orange light and when you take out the lead which says (DC in) it flashes blue for a second then goes out. The tv screen remains just static.