cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lindy1951
Advocate

Update required

Today message on now tv app (via roku stick) that an update is required  - to go to settings > systems>software update.  When i do this it is states its up to date ?  Even tried a reset and still not working.  It was working yesterday.  Any advice please ?

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Lindy1951 

Have you tried a forced update in the secret on screen menu.

See my instructions in this linked thread below.

Update the software even if on the same version number.

https://community.nowtv.com/t5/NOW-Smart-Box/update-require-when-remote-isnt-working/m-p/621322#M911... 

RoyB
Legend

@Lindy1951 

Are you confusing an app update with a Stick software update?

To update the Now app on the Stick, highlight Now and press the * button on the Roku remote. Choose the update option on the dialogue box that opens, and press OK.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.
Lindy1951
Advocate
Hi I Thanks for your reply - unfortunately I tried that but still states update required. Wondering if I need a new Roku stick
Matt1C
Advocate

I have just got the same issue on my Roku stick (3500EU). Working fine  3 days ago..

I have tried all updates, to app and stick. Still same issue. Presume bug in Now Tv app as other apps working fine.

Help..🤔

RokuSky
Scholar

@Lindy1951@Matt1C  can you please share what version of Firmware (found in Settings > System > About) and NOW app you have (either press * in the app grid or within the NOW app go to Settings/My Account and look at the bottom right corner). 

If you DM me your Device ID (again from Settings/System/About) we could check some device logs.

RokuSky
Scholar

Sorry, I've just seen the model number @Matt1C refers to. This is an older Roku device that is no longer receiving FW updates. The latest FW version is 11.0.0.4195 which is below that required by the current NOW app. I'll check with Sky to see if this is intended or an oversight.

RokuSky
Scholar

Hi @Lindy1951 / @Matt1C - we've republished the NOW app with a lower required FW version. If you try an update again, hopefully it will work again for your devices.