cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NPerr
Advocate

Old Now Tv stick

I have a stick I haven't used for a couple of years. It's in the same Panasonic tv in hdm1 USB slot. Is it obsolete now? I'm not getting any picture coming up. I haven't changed any of my settings. The tv doesn't seem to recognise it. I tried resetting the stick but still only a very broken up connection.

Sorry if this is an obvious one but couldn't find any useful advice from my searches. Tia. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@NPerr 

When you say reset, are you meaning a factory reset to the stick?
https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

You able to try connecting the power to the socket instead of USB on the TV?

Otherwise it sounds like it’s dead I am afraid. Whereas NOW don’t make or sell them anymore, so I would suggest a Roku or Amazon stick. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@NPerr 

When you say reset, are you meaning a factory reset to the stick?
https://help.nowtv.com/article/hard-factory-reset-now-box-stick

You able to try connecting the power to the socket instead of USB on the TV?

Otherwise it sounds like it’s dead I am afraid. Whereas NOW don’t make or sell them anymore, so I would suggest a Roku or Amazon stick. 

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
NPerr
Advocate

Thanks. I tried a factory reset in desperation.

The power is directly connected to the back of the stick from the power socket. I really appreciate your reply. I'll take your advice and buy a new device. 

Out of interest, are others able to continue using older versions of th nowt stick which is no longer on sale? 

RoyB
Legend

@NPerr 

Yes, I have two on the go, and still working as they did when I obtained them. They aren’t obsolete.

But I had a third one which stopped working and refused to come back to life, and nothing I could do could rescue it 😢

So if they still work, then they are still supported devices, with nothing obsolete or stopped on them, as far as I know; but quite a lot of them fall by the wayside, usually from overheating.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it.
Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now.
That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.