cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now tv stick IP address

I need to set up my Roku to my now tv stick but as I’ve moved my now TV stick isn’t connected to WiFi so I have to do it manually. How do I find out my now TV stick IP address?

1 REPLY 1
RoyB
Legend

@Anonymous User 

If it’s not connected to WiFi, it won’t have an IP address.

Heve you got yourself into the mess you get into when you don’t have a NowTV remote, but instead use the Roku app, and then you disturb this setup and lose control of the Stick?

If so, there’s no easy way out, but if the NowTV stick was set up at your old address, try this:-

1. At a time when you don’t need the WiFi  anywhere else for a bit, set your new router to the SSID and router password you had at the old address (if it’s the same router as before, and the Stick is powered up, then it will have connected, but you just can’t see it has). Otherwise power up the Stick, which should now connect.
2. Connect the device with the Roku app on it to the SSID and 
password you just set, if it hasn’t already figured out for itself that it’s back in its previous home.

3. I think the Roku app should now be able to detect the Stick and get control of it*. If so, configure the new SSID and router password on it.
4. At which point you will lose control of it again, but don’t worry, just put the router and the device with the Roku app on it back to the new SSID and router password details, and you will get control of the NowTV Stick again.

*But maybe you are stuck at this point in step 3, still haven’t got control, and the Roku app really does want an IP address? In which case, download the free Fing app to the device with the Roku app on it, and let Fing enumerate your network, which will reveal the required IP address. Then use this to get control, and carry on with Step 3.

That should be it!

Any queries, or if you get stuck, though, come back for more advice.

Set a Payment PIN on your account so that no-one but you can buy memberships on it. Check your bank accounts monthly for any other unexpected payments to Now. That way you can at least nip them in the bud, while you and Now figure out whose fault they are.