cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ri

Now box and stick

Do you get a stick or box free with your subscription or do you have to buy separately?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ri 

NOW doesn't supply a streaming Box or Stick when you subscribe to their service.

See if you already own something suitable from the supported devices from this linked article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

If not, then the cheapest streaming hardware at the moment is something like a Roku device which you can purchase from places like Argos, Currys, Amazon etc.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Ri 

NOW doesn't supply a streaming Box or Stick when you subscribe to their service.

See if you already own something suitable from the supported devices from this linked article below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-devices-can-i-use-to-watch-now 

If not, then the cheapest streaming hardware at the moment is something like a Roku device which you can purchase from places like Argos, Currys, Amazon etc.

Ri

Thank you for your help

Andrea
Advocate

I find that staggering!!! I’m paying to receive a product from you, but to access it I need to purchase the box elsewhere!!!!! 

chilli2
Elite

Netflix, Disney plus, Paramount, BT sport, discovery plus or even the BBC don't supply boxes either.

It's up to you to source the hardware I would recommend a Roku or fire stick, if you can avoid the entry level express or lite models and get the next one up.

My personal preference (owning both fire and Roku) is roku

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Andrea 

You need to bear in mind that @schnapps does NOT work for NOW in any shape of form. 

Just because they handed out now defunct boxes doesn’t mean that NOW will continue doing so. It’s just not financially doable. Plus as @schnapps  mentioned it’s a streaming service and to use it you need to make sure you have a relevant device. Not up to NOW to supply that.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Andrea 

It would be the same if you signed up to TV streaming services like Netflix, Disney Plus etc where they don't provide the hardware to watch when you subscribe to their service.

Where their App is on various playback platforms.