cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick gets hot

Hi all,

I am moving over to the Now TV sticks from the my boxes.  Is it just mine or has anyone noticed that the sticks get quite hot (and mine are not in direct sunlight either)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Mine does too. i noted the temperature (listed under the secret menu) and read 92 °C.  (presumerably there is a cut off point should it go beyond a certain temperature).    You won't reget making the change thanks to the updated processor etc.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous User
Not applicable

I've noticed my stick also becomes very warm, ( close to hot ) but cant really go as far to say its hot,  

Not sure if it is a good idea in regards to the stick needing updates etc.,  But I have started cutting the power to the stick  when not using it for long periods of time when I am out all day or when I go to bed at night.

Just for the reason to give me peace of mind just incase there is any possibility of it becoming a fire hazard, But I don't believe or think it is a hazard as others have said you will get a overheated warning message on screen.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Hello my Now tv stick too much, Very hot 

at one point,? I taught it was going to catch on fire,?  Question is it safe,? Thanks’ customer with nowtv Padraic 

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Your best to plug the USB power cable into the USB port of the TV.

That way when your TV turns off the stick does too.

But yes it’s 100% safe otherwise it wouldn’t be sold to the point of being out of stock on the NOW website.

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help
ukbobboy
Legend

@Anonymous User   @gavs82008 

Hey Padraic

Just a thought, it may be beneficial, to as well as taking Gavs advice, for you to get yourself a small desk fan and use it to blow air constantly across your NOW stick, thus keeping it cool.

It's a technique I use to keep my small, constantly on, electrical devices cool and this may also work for you.

UK Bob