cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Now TV stick gets hot

Hi all,

I am moving over to the Now TV sticks from the my boxes.  Is it just mine or has anyone noticed that the sticks get quite hot (and mine are not in direct sunlight either)?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Mine does too. i noted the temperature (listed under the secret menu) and read 92 °C.  (presumerably there is a cut off point should it go beyond a certain temperature).    You won't reget making the change thanks to the updated processor etc.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Matthew1234567
Scholar 3

Mine does too. i noted the temperature (listed under the secret menu) and read 92 °C.  (presumerably there is a cut off point should it go beyond a certain temperature).    You won't reget making the change thanks to the updated processor etc.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I'd expected heat (and wifi signal) issues with this device so have not purchased one and now won't be doing. Thanks to all for the updates.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Due to it's small surface area, it's designed to dissipate heat across all of it's surface area, it's the only way it can be done effectively in such a small device. Most smartphones are the same nowadays aswell.

Legend 5
Legend 5

@Matthew1234567 the casing would not be 92c you would be scalded when you touched it.
Please take a moment to click thanks or marked as solution if this answered your question. I am a community contributor and pop on when I can.
Andy
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User The stick will display a warning on screen if it's overheating, so unless you see this message there should be nothing to worry about. More info here

https://help.nowtv.com/article/red-light-overheating-warning

Anonymous User
Not applicable

This was happening to me quite often because there was no air getting to the back of tv so i moved the tv further  away from the wall and this solved the problem

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No matter the heat, moving over to the stick has been excellent.
Anonymous User
Not applicable

are you mad. the stick gets hot.. mine has melted good job i noticed it and unplugged it. there could of been a fire and there may of been deaths... this is a serious issue.. just what happened to the fire at the towers... it needs addressing now

Anonymous User
Not applicable

mine melted did anyone at nowtv help you