cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lena

NOW Tv Stick (Roku) error

"Something went wrong. User does not have the necessary role to perform this action" when I click to view an episode, other series work. Shows error code OVP_00005.

My memberships are active and working, I have restarted the device. Not sure how to troubleshoot?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lena 

If this error is only happening to the TV show "And Just Like That" then according to NOW Twitter they are investigating it.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lena 

If this error is only happening to the TV show "And Just Like That" then according to NOW Twitter they are investigating it.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lena 

Hopefully NOW will get this sorted ASAP.

I did a quick test on my Amazon Fire Stick NOW App and both S2 Ep1 and Ep2 played fine from my quick 5 minutes test.

Just tried my Roku Stick Plus and S2 is totally missing at the moment (don't know if NOW are currently doing something in the background on Roku for this TV Show Season 2).

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @lena 

Looking at the TV Guide, S2 Ep1 and Ep2 is on a live repeat broadcast tonight on both Sky Showcase and Sky Comedy.

According to the TV Guide S2 Ep1 starts at 9pm where S2 Ep2 starts at 10pm.

Just a thought if you can't wait for NOW to fix these two episodes on their on Demand service.

catsitter
Advocate

I am getting the same message when I try to watch series 2 of "Smother".

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @catsitter 

If it's the same error code then it may be a content delivery issue at NOW's end.

What playback device was you using and have you tried on any other NOW supported playback devices ?

Is it happening to all episodes on Season 2 or only certain episodes and if so which episodes ?

I am not at home at the moment to check this TV show for the same error on either my Roku or Fire Stick.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @catsitter 

Is it Season 2 Episode 1 by any chance ?

Just noticed there is a duplicate S2 Ep1 (see screen shot below) where maybe one of them is flagging up the error code and the other is not.

Haven't tried playing either myself.

If its a different episode then ignore this post.

Screenshot_2023-06-23-16-41-01.png

catsitter
Advocate

Yes, it is Season 2 Episode 1. And thank you! The other version of the episode works fine. And I was using the NOW TV Smart Stick.