cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

HD Boost - Has it now gone widely to customers??????

Just spotted on my Now TV Stick, when in I go in to the Live Programming Guide in both Sports and Entertainment Sections, that a box has now appeared giving me the opportunity of the £3 HD and 5.1 Audio Boost......... you click on it and it gives you the chance to start the 7-day-free trial.  Has this feature now gone out to customers??????

It does say only available on certain content and devices..... and also a line saying it's not available on Hayu or FOX.  

Is this HD Boost thing only for certain Live programming or is it also catch-up????

I'm not particulary ready to sign-up and try it until I maybe know more about what content is or isn't Boosted.

Anyone else getting these HD Boost box things when they go in to the Live programming Guides???

43 REPLIES 43
Anonymous User
Not applicable

50 fps on only TWO Channels is disappointing, I seriously hope that the others get 50 fps Very Very Soon. 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

No 5.1 on my LG TV Now TV app....I get 5.1 if use my tv stick

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

If you go into My Account > Passes & Vouchers on here and once you have activated the Boost Pass is there either further information below the Boost Pass either a link or drop down arrow where you need to setup 5.1 Surround Sound on LG TV's ?

I haven't used a Boost Pass yet or own an LG TV, where Master Yoda @commanda6 gave me this tip about setting up the Boost Pass with 5.1 sound for LG TV's.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

I think i might have pointed you in the wrong direction where to kick start the 5.1 audio on a LG TV with the Boost Pass.

Try opening the NowTV App on your LG television, then navigate to the My Account section of the NowTV App on the TV and see if there is somewhere on the screen to start 5.1 surround sound.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

This might be a useful guide ,which shows in a table format about the different streaming PQ & SQ for the various devices plus at the moment what devices are not currently supported using the HD Boost Pass.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/what-is-highest-streaming-quality-for-my-device 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

That worked 😁

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Glad it worked, thanks to the useful tip given too me by Master Yoda himself @commanda6 👍👍.

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Should anybody be encountering setting up 5.1 surround sound on their Boost Pass, then perhaps have a read of this linked help guide below.

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-adjust-audio-settings 

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signed up to the free 7 day trial last night on my Samsung Smart TV.

Picture quality is much improved and is now smoth on Main Event. Well worth £3 a month as I have the now TV sky sports season ticket.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

@gavs82008 

Like Charlie Bucket after he found the last Golden Ticket for the chocolate factory.... run home as fast as you can!!!!!!

It states in the Help Section that you can get all Live Channels in Entertainment in HD, except Fox and Gold.......I'm not too bothered with Gold, but that is disappointing on Fox, BUT, I'm wondering what that means for catch-up and box set stuff with Fox....if that is available in HD then that will be more than ok.