cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous User
Not applicable

Freezing/double sounds ..

Hey guys, every day my nowtv don't work an I have to reset my TV an my router just to try solve which takes about 3-4 resets at a time to get it to work. It either lags/freeze's completely or the sound will play double of it an sound like a robot, then stops working completely this happens literally everyday.. even when it's fine an I turn my TV off, when I turn it back on it does it again.. really frustrating!

Someone please help

6 REPLIES 6
schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Have you tried the trouble shooting steps in this linked help guide (especially the factory reset method) ?

https://help.nowtv.com/article/troubleshooting-now-tv-box-stick 

When you go into the stick Network settings under About whats the wifi signal reception like ?

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Signal strength is always on good, always. my router is only 8-10steps away in a straight line through a open door way too so I it don't understand? Had this problem since I got the stick

schnapps
Legend 5
Legend 5

Hi @Anonymous User 

Did you try the full factory reset and setup the stick from scratch again ?

The easiest way to factory reset the stick is to hold in the small reset button on the stick for about  10 to 15 seconds whilst the stick is powered on.

Also are you using the stick with the supplied power adapter or using the power off the USB port on your television ?

Have you another television in the home just to temporary test the stick on it to see if the same symptoms persists on the stick ?

Other than that get a replacement stick under warranty or ask for a refund.

Anonymous User
Not applicable

Yes tried on multiple TVs same error,am using the usb slot on TV ( have no idea where power adaptor is)  I'll try reset it next, stick is brand new from Tesco about 1-2months ago

Anonymous User
Not applicable

I too bought nowtv box from Tesco's about 2 months ago and it freezes, the light turns off so have to reset it constantly. I don't know who to contact and what to do?

gavs82008
Legend 5
Legend 5

@Anonymous User 

Pop onto Live chat, they should be able to help. 

https://help.nowtv.com/article/how-to-submit-a-complaint

FYI that I do not work for NOW, just a NOW customer trying to help